MtS is a real-time graphics software designed for the study of basic structural aspects of Amino acids, Important Protein Motifs, Nucleotides and DNA.
MtS targets the undergraduate biology related students
MtS's main features:
- The Molecules' coordinates are loaded with the MtS.exe file.
No need to look for X-ray coordinates data files such as PDB files.
- Molecules are presented as four slots: Amino Acids, Alpha/Beta structures, Nucleoties and Single/Double stranded DNA. Each slot provide a list of related molecules to choose from.
- Usefull functions that help study and examin the molecules are available and include:
- Manual and Auto-rotation of the displayed molecule
- Bond-Distance calculation (click on two atoms to calculate)
- Bond-Angle calculation (click on three atoms to calculate)
- Torsion Angle calculation (click on four atoms to calculate)
- Informative Ramachandran plot generation
- Display of hydrogen bonds
- Dextro and Laevo anantiomers of Amino Acids
- Cross-eyed sterio display
- Red-Green sterio display
- Change molecules' colour
- Change display's background colour OR have a background image
- Export of the graphics display in a form of BMP format
- Print function
- Reset function
- and many other functions ...
- Click the image to start downloading the demo version of MtS (MtS_Demo.zip).
- Note that the MtS Demo version lacks many of the functions mentioned above, those interested in the full verison of MtS can contact A. Rachedi at: